Monday, March 28, 2011

I Miss You Sleep

I used to be the kind of person that had no problem falling asleep or staying asleep and really had to get my 8 hours in. Since getting pregnant this has changed, and I have developed insomnia. It sucks...really bad. 

Sometimes I can fall sleep with no problem...but then I am up almost every hour and I have a hard time falling back asleep. Sometimes it even takes me an hour to fall back asleep. It is driving me nuts because I am exhausted while I am at work. But then when it is time to sleep my body/mind say no. 

Is it nature's way of preparing me for sleep depravation? I've heard it gets better in the second trimester. I've heard everything gets better in the second trimester for most. I can't wait. I will be 12 weeks tomorrow, but some call 13 or 14 the official start to the second trimester. Please let me have my sleep back! 

My DH is really starting to get irritated with my lack of sleep. My tossing and turning has disrupted his sleep. I feel bad for him, but I feel worse for me! haha. I am afraid if I keep it up we will be sleeping in separate bedrooms, and I don't like the thought of that. 

I know there are all these herbal remedies and such, but I am overly paranoid about taking anything while pregnant (unless absolutely necessary). My OB welcome packet even says that Tylenol PM is safe, but I am such a worry wart about that kind of thing. I would give anything right now for a peaceful, restful, full night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment