Saturday, March 12, 2011

Introducing My Trio

This scan was done at 8w2d: 

I've gotta learn how to better scan these things in. This was a picture of a picture. Baby A is at the top right, Baby B is the furthest left, and Baby C is down below, a little squished by his/her siblings.

My biggest worry lately is work related. I haven't told anyone at work yet and I am 9w4d with a growing bump so I can't hide it for long. I work at a University and there is such negativity surrounding a pregnancy, maternity leave, etc. When I was hired they made it a point (illegally) to inform me that the woman in my position before me said she was going on maternity leave and coming back, but she never game back. They were obviously upset by this and did not want it to happen with me.

Well, I can't exactly say that it won't. My husband's insurance is horrible and mine is amazing. We now have to think about what the cost could be of having 3 babies in the NICU. I am having such a moral dilemma about this. I am trying not to let it stress me out, but I am having a hard time. 

There are so many unknowns...will I need bedrest (probably), for how long, will the babies need to be in the NICU (probably), for how long, etc. Having a plan about work will make me feel better, but I just can't come up with one yet. Ugh. What is worse: being dishonest about my intentions on returning, or dealing with mounds of medical bill debt on top of raising 3 newborns? 






2 comments:

  1. They cannot legally fire you or force you to resign simply because you are having children. Don't let them bully you! Whatever their track record, you have rights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on triplets!

    My husband was diagnosed with CF at age 34! Turns out he is missing his vas deferens which causes a zero sperm count.

    We have decided to adopt since our IVF failed.

    ReplyDelete