Thursday, March 3, 2011

Final RE Ultrasound 8w2d

I had my final ultrasound at the RE's office today. The babies are doing great. All 3 of them! I promise I will post a pic by this weekend! I just need to blur out my name since I am anonymous on this blog. I am 8w2d today and here are the stats:

Baby A (the runt of the group/our late bloomer): Measurement 8w1d, Heartbeat 179 bpm 
Baby B (has always been the biggest): Measurement 8w3d, Heartbeat 169 bpm
Baby C (currently squished by his/her siblings): Measurement 8w3d, Heartbeat 174 bpm

We are officially released from the REs office. I felt so weird leaving there today. The departure felt abrupt, but I know it is definitely the best thing that could happen. Now we move forward to a perinatologist in about a week and half. I hope that was my last date with the vag cam, but we'll see. 

Physically, I have not been feeling great but I think that is to be expected. I typically feel worse at the day progresses and I am always miserable right before I go to bed. I am just lucky the nausea is not an all day affair and that it really doesn't creep up on me until the end of the work day. I know some women suffer through horrible MS all day and night. I am starting to get a bump,well rather a bulge, since it doesn't have much shape to it yet and mostly just looks like I have gained some lbs in the stomach area. 

Emotionally, I am still all over the place, which I also think is to be expected. First off I feel grateful and extremely lucky. I am trying to use lots of positive affirmations like, we can do this, the babies are healthy and will continue to be healthy, I am healthy and will continue to be healthy, etc. We are not naive to how hard it will be, but we also feel confident in our ability to work as a team and to get through anything and everything that comes our way. 

Please know that I am still following your journeys and I am rooting you all on wholeheartedly. Although I was lucky beyond belief not to have to endure the extent of the fertility treatments that most of you have, I can still relate to the longing and even desperation that is felt along the way since we tried for so long before getting out BFP. I am in your corner and hope to continue to be a support to you!

1 comment:

  1. Everytime I read your blog I'm so happy!!! Glad you've moved on from the RE. When you post pic we/I want a belly pic! PLEASE!!

    ReplyDelete