Monday, November 15, 2010

A Start

We had our appointment with the RE today. It was overwhelming. But good...


I am still processing everything. It takes me awhile to process things when emotions are involved. It looks like an IUI is scheduled for the coming months. 


Based on my previous testing, the RE said that the blood work and HSG looked good. Today is CD7 so I have to wait awhile until my next cycle for the CD3 ultrasound. She said based on that we will decide whether oral or injectables are needed. But they went ahead and scheduled me for an injectables class on 12/14...I am kind of confused by this? I also have a follow up appointment with the RE following the injectables class. 


I don't know why I am so scared to move forward. I am excited, but really scared. I am afraid of it not working, or of losing a pregnancy. I have not even been pregnant before, but I fear the worst. I am not usually like this with life challenges. I tend to face them head on and with confidence. But this is different. There is so much on the line. Probably my biggest dream in life.  


If I know myself well enough I will let myself be scared, but when I need to I will be confident and hopeful. At least I hope so...


A little patience is in order since it looks like my IUI will not be until January. Part of me wants to just go ahead and jump into the pool of cold water instead of anticipating the shock. But that is not realistic and I just need to be patient and handle things one step at a time. 


I am worried about how I will handle missing work for appointments. I am not sure what to tell my boss. I already "went to the dentist to get a cavity filled" today. What's next? What do you all tell your bosses?

No comments:

Post a Comment