Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pink, Pink, Pink It Is!

Yesterday I had my 16 week check up with my perinatologist and she confirmed that we are indeed expecting three little ladies! The girls looked great and are each weighing in at a whopping 5 oz each. She said they were in the 70th-ish percentile so I am very proud of my little ones. I guess me feeling like the life is being sucked out of me is worth it because it seems like they are taking what they need from me. 


It is such a relief to see the babies on the u/s and to know they are doing good. I can't believe how high up Baby C is already (almost to my ribs)! 


I have my cervix checked at each appointment and the doc said that 3 weeks ago it measured at 4.0 cm, but yesterday measured at 3.7 cm. She said it was not too much of a cause of concern right now, just something she will be looking at closely, and would like to start seeing me every 2 weeks. Remember, I also see an OB, so it looks like I am about to start weekly appointments (since alternating between the two). A shortening/weakening cervix could be cause for bedrest so I am hoping for it to stay very strong!


After the appointment we took a private tour of the NICU. The nurse was so nice and informative. One of the first things she said to me was, "I know you hear all the scary stories, but you need to know that we have plenty of triplets born who we don't even see in the NICU because they go home with their mommy and daddy". It is very helpful for me to hear the positive stories. We saw some tiny babies in there and I just wanted to hold all of them. I feel a lot better having seen the NICU and having the nurse explain things like visiting policies, and what to expect in the NICU. She told me to be sure I take the "regular" tour also, so I will make sure to do that. 


Although on some level this whole thing is still pretty surreal, it is already becoming normal. And now I am really getting excited about their arrival. Outside of massive dizzy spells I am feeling great and just taking things day by day. 


Thanks for the supportive comments about my family/financial drama. They really helped. DH has been talking to his dad about figuring something out. Let's hope for some resolution that is manageable!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your little girls!! So glad to hear that the tour put your mind at ease. Hopefully your little ones won't even end up needing it, but if they do, you know what to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, congratulations on your three little princesses! I'm so thrilled for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, three girls. How awesome :) I hope your little girls dont end up in the NICU, they sound like they are growing strong and well....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...three girls!! That's awesome...congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three girls!! Daddys in trouble! HAHA CONGRATS!! I can't believe your 16 weeks already, how did that happen?

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! How wonderful and FUN!! Holy hairbows :) Very happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete