Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hello Again and Lots of Updates

Is anyone still out there? I am so sorry I have not blogged in over 2 weeks! Things have been hectic to say the least. Let's start with some quick updates to bring you up to speed:

-I am 22w4d pregnant today
-Baby A & Baby C weigh 1lb 3oz; Baby B weighs 1lb 2oz
-The girls look healthy and perfect
-I am no longer working
-I am kind of on bedrest (more on that in a sec)
22w Triplet Belly
This pregnancy has had its minor bumps within the past month. My cervix started shortening at a concerning rate. One week it lost almost a whole centimeter. But I cut back on work and general activity and it lengthened back and seems to be holding strong and is not a concern now.

At Tuesday's doctors appointment I mentioned to the MFM that I had been feeling different and my belly felt tight and my back was hurting. After scanning my cervix and the babies (which looked great) she put me on a monitor to measure uterine activity. The results concerned her a little because it showed "uterine irritability" and some minor contractions. She thought it could be due to dehydration so I was immediately admitted to the hospital and put on IV fluids and some meds to relax the uterus. After staying there for 48 hours with little to no change I was discharged. They did think I have a UTI and gave me antibiotics to take home with me.

The whole thing was a little scary, and confusing. On one hand they seemed concerned, and on the other it was no big deal. I guess what is happening right now is normal, but we don't want it to progress...? That is the best summary I can think of. So I am to be on bedrest (not strict bedrest, but really laying around as much as possible) until my follow up on Tuesday. Sorry if that synopsis did not make sense, but that is the best I can do with trying to keep it short.

If you are still out there reading, thank you! I am sure I am going to be blogging a lot more, commenting a lot more, and participating in ICLW this month as I have plenty of time on my hands. Please give me a shout out if you are still here!

I am sorry I have neglected my poor blog!

4 comments:

  1. glad to hear all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still here, still reading. Thanks for updating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear the cervix isn't a concern anymore. I hope the confusion over the uterus is just a UTI and the antibiotics made it all better.

    Wish I had a good book to recommend for all that down time. I just started Open- andre agassi's autobiography. So far (chapter 1) I like it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a tiny little thing!! Fun to see an updated belly pic. SO glad to hear that all is well with the girls.

    ReplyDelete